THE LAIR MARKETPLACE
Featuring Modern Recipe
The Lair Marketplace at Malone Student Center is our community dining center. Inside you’ll find something for everyone.
Modern Recipe at the Lair opens in late August for the fall semester.
Modern Recipe is:
It has the food you want to eat every day.
Food that encourages healthy eating without compromise or complexity.
Food that complements your goals.
Quality without formality.
You'll find these great dining choices inside Modern Recipe:
- Deli -Made to order and curated elevated sandwiches.
- Brunch - Omelets and breakfast all day.
- Kitchen - A station featuring international flavors, refreshed excellence, and artisan quality.
- Grill - Amazing burgers, plant-based favorites, and new tastes.
- Hearth - Fresh handmade pizzas.
- Salad - Tossed to order contemporary salads made with fresh local produce.
- Natural - Smoothies, bowls, and local fruits.
- Coffee - From Don Francisco.
- Beverage - All your favorite bottled and fountain beverages.
- Dessert - Featuring Homeboy Bakery. Every purchase helps support a second chance.
- Soup - Scratch made daily.
- Salad Bar- Abundant, crisp and clean.
- Grab and Go - Hissho Sushi, sandwiches, salads, small bites and treats.
Modern Recipe will be able to accommodate students with allergen sensitivities and special dietary needs. See our Nutrition Page for more info.
See menus and more on the Everyday app
When you dine here, you help here.
Your dining purchases make a positive impact on the local community. Dining on campus serves a greater purpose in sync with “Cura Personalis” (care of the whole person).
Here are just some of the great programs you support:
• Mar Vista School Lunch Program – Your purchases support healthy lunches for children suffering from food insecurity all summer.
• We offer many items from Homeboy Bakery, the world's most significant gang rehabilitation and re-entry program, making a difference right here in L.A.
• Lion Food Pantry – LMU Dining supports donations to the Lion Food Pantry to help students in need.
• Boys and Girls Clubs of Santa Monica – Your purchases help us continue to work with the Boys and Girls Clubs to provide meals to young people when they can’t access a school or home meal.
• Loaves and Fishes – LMU dining supports the efforts of Campus Ministries in helping to feed the Homeless in L.A. and provide Thanksgiving and Christmas meals to the community.