If you are looking for a flexible side-hustle, you may want to consider joining our VIP catering team. The VIP Catering Team is made up exclusively of Student Employees and is a team designed to supplement and enhance our already amazing catering team.
Throughout the year and all over campus, Dining Services hosts special events that require attentive, professional, and personalized service. Joining our VIP Catering Team is a great way to get specialized event service training and learn new skills while serving guests at various events. From important breakfast meetings to VIP dinner receptions, YOU will bring the face of campus to life for our guests.
Bring your can-do attitude and great personality if you want to join us - no experience necessary!
For more information or to apply, please get in touch with our General Manager
The purpose of the Student Manager Program is to develop qualified managers from our team of student employees. It is designed to give students currently working with Sodexo a chance to move into supervisory roles and gain valuable experience that can help them throughout their careers, even possibly with Sodexo!
Some of the primary responsibilities of a Student Manager may include:
- Assisting the management team as directed and according to unit needs
- Hiring, training, evaluating, and supervision of student employees
- Controlling student labor costs
- Ensuring compliance with Sodexo and account operating standards and procedures
Some of the duties of the Student Manager include:
- Supervising part-time student employees, including but not limited to:
- Dress code
- Performance and public relations
- Student application procedures (W-4 and I-9 forms, safety forms, uniforms, etc.)
- Fill staffing tables and all open shifts
- Maintain high standards in food presentation and presentation areas
- Being a liaison between customers and management. Relaying information of various natures to the appropriate management team
- Managing and monitoring staffing and labor. Ensuring proper substitution procedures are in place and followed
- Assisting in managing all service items and china/silver to assure adequate quantities are available to our customers throughout the meal
- Maintaining Health and Safety procedures throughout the meal
- Monitoring and maintaining sanitation and housekeeping procedures from meal to meal
- Management of safety procedures, including documenting and reporting all incidents/accidents
- Assisting management in all operation phases, including resident dining, retail, and catering as needed
- Understanding the essential operation of equipment and training employees in its use
- Understanding all cash handling procedures
- Planning, organizing, and executing ongoing student employee training sessions
- Assisting in-unit opening and closedown periods, including set-up and clean-up
Of course, this work also comes with some great perks, including shift meals and preferred scheduling, and could end up being the start of a great Sodexo career. Interested? Want to know more?
To apply, please get in touch with our General Manager
by sending a short letter explaining why you would like to be a Student Manager and a copy of your current resume.